Thursday, October 07, 2010

Welcome to Bolivia!

Hola!

Well I have officially arrived in Cochabamba! Five airports and 48 hours after leaving San Diego I am here, safe a sound. All of my luggage arrived with me as well which is an added plus! (Although my suitcase was searched in one airport or another and by the time I opened it, it was quite a mess, but what can you do?)
After a sleepless redeye flight and a four hour time change, I´m going ot need a few days to adjust. I arrived early this morning and spent most of the days touring the two Childrens Homes that I´ll be working at, I already love these kids! Then I came back to my host home and am getting settled in, and unpacked.
I´m so ecxited for the next few days and the next 3 months. I can´t wait to jump in headfirst and make a difference.
I want to thank everyone who contributed to my trip in order to get me here, and everyone who is praying for my safe trip. There is no way I could have made it here so smoothly without all of your prayers!

With love and Thanks,

Kaley

Prayer Request:

  • Right now my biggest hurdle is learning Spanish. In order to really get my feet wet and feel comfortable I´ll need to work hard on my Spanish. Please pray that my mind will be opened to what I need to learn, and that it will make sense and click! Preferably quickly!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment