Friday, October 05, 2012

I'm Back!


Well it was a long trip, 6 different planes, 3 countries and one 10 hour layover. But I'm here! My first day was kind of a blur (I was very tired) but was so happy to see Elena with her husband Vico at the airport. They had also brought with them "my baby" (Elias who I fostered the last time I was here!) who is now quite chubby and even more adorable than before!

The new House 2 is almost double the size of the last one with more than enough room for myself, the tias and all 13 kids we currently have.

I was really happy to see the Tias and was surprised and touched with this welcome cake that they made for Pauline and I!




Before arriving I had been trying to prepared myself for the kids reactions to my arrival. I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that a lot of the younger ones probably wouldn't remember me, seeing as how I've been gone almost a year and quite a number of volunteers have come and gone since then. 

However, I was relieved and overjoyed to be welcomed with hugs and kisses from the kids who were very glad to see me! 

I feel like I've been able to fall right back into place, and it almost feels as though I never left. The days are already flying by as I'm starting to plan projects and outings for the coming months. 

Thank you for praying for me during this transition and for my safe travel, though my trip was long it went off with out a hitch and I Thank God for that! 

Stay tuned!

Kaley

1 comment:

  1. Love the cake. Your name is almost synonymous with the word "cake" in our family. As in, "remember that cake Kaley made with the blue jello lake?" We loved the cake and we love you. Blessings as you live out your dreams.

    Fake Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete