Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Birthday!


I arrived on Wednesday, and on Friday we had a Birthday! This precious boy turned 5! 


I was happy to help out by making the cake, I think it went over well! 






We were excited to have some Volunteers bring some babies from Casa 1 over for the party!


Everyone was happy to help out!  



The Birthday Boy himself! 5 years old! 


Present Time! I was so impressed with our two oldest boys, when they pulled out a gift they had decided to give him and had wrapped themselves! 











 I'm so happy I could be here to share this day with such a special kid! Due to some special needs that 'B' has, he has very slim chances of being adopted. That makes a day like this even more special, a time when the Tias, the kids, and the volunteers can all show him we love him and he is an amazing Child of God.

He was SOOO excited the days before his birthday, and I would often find him staring off into space only to 'wake-up' and excitedly tell me it was going to be his Birthday! (also the days following, he was very excited to let everyone know that his birthday had passed!

Please pray for 'B' as we don't know what the next few years of his life with look like. Sometimes he can get lost in the crowd of 13 kids we have here and he really needs an extra patient Tia by his side to help him stay on task when trying to change his clothes, eat meals, etc.

On a personal note, things are going really well! I have really been enjoying my time back. So far, the time is FLYING! Being able to jump right in once I arrived has really been a joy, since I already know the language (mas o menos!), I know the kids (almost all of them) I know the Tias, I know the rules and general run of the house, and I know Cochabamba I have really been able to hit the ground running!

Thank you for praying, and I will try to be diligent in my blogging to keep you up to date on the goings on here at Casa de Amor 2!

Kaley
kaleyrachelle@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment