Sunday, November 14, 2010

Kaley VS the Hair Dye

As a Gringa (What's a gringa?) living in Boliva, I tend to stand out. I have always been a shy person, and don't always enjoy the extra attention. SOOOOO one fine day, myself and new friend Amber, (of the day at the Cristo fame) decided to make an effort to blend in a bit.

The day began with a trip to La Cancha, (giant market...I'll explain later) where for only 30bs, or $4.28 for all you Americans, I bought a box of hair dye that promised to turn my locks a lovely nut brown!

Now, I have ALWAYS, wanted to find out what I'd look like brunette, but due too some comments regarding my complexion, and how sallow I tend to be, I've always been a little worried. So rather then throwing caution to the wind, I choose a lovely light nut brown : )

PICTURES

Our 'before' picture...(I might mention, my hair looks a little darker then it actually was...)












Alas, as you will see in the below 'after' picture, my hair did not turn out very different at all....maybe slightly darker....that's what I get for being conservative with my color choice! And now, I believe my hair has pretty much returned to it's original color completely. But it was fun none the less, and Amber's turned out quite a bit darker, and looks very nice (but she doesn't have the sallow thing to worry about!!!!)



So good day, even though my hair is pretty much back to blonde at this point, and my ultra-white arms, legs and face still gave me away as a gringa even when my hair was slightly darker!

Thanks for reading!
Kaley

1 comment: