Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Day at the Pool!

Saturdays are always a great day to get the House 2 kids out of the house and on the town. This past Saturday was spent doing just that!

The day started as many of my days seem to, waking up with no idea what my day would look like, but sure enough, I got a call from Elena, (Resident "Tia"/pretty much in charge of House 2/awesome) who said that she was planning to take the kids to a "pool" at a friends house and would Pauline* and I like to join in the fun/help wrangle the 11 kids (minus AM, who was in the hospital with Pneumonia, doing much better now!)

So we quickly got ready and headed over to House 2 where we loaded towels, lunch, lemonade, 11 kids, and Elena's new puppy into the truck and off we went!

It was a great time! Even though most of the kids can't actually swim, and the water was over my head, and was appx. -233degrees (celcius). Hehe. Swimming was followed by a delicious picnic lunch. Mmm, mangoes in the sun, delicious!

Once we were all full, warm and happy, we played some great water games which mostly consisted of throwing water at children. And they loved it!

PICTURES!!!

Checking out the pool, most of these boys are thinking..."Am I brave enough to get in there?????"


Thankfully Pauline is a lot taller then me, and could 'ferry' kids across the pool : )


Lunch!


Hehe, I love this picture, "How much pasta can 'A' fit in his mouth?????"


"Papa Fritta, Papa Fritta!" Basically a game of hot potato, but the hot potato was a freezing cold cup of water!


What could be more fun then dumping it over your head you may ask????


Having it thrown at you of course!!!!


So much fun!
The rest of the day was spent visiting AM in the hospital, stumbling upon a parade and going to a farewell dinner for new friends from Spanish School. If I'm lucky, I can make that into 3 seperate posts!!! ha.

Thanks for Reading!
Kaley

Prayer Requests/Updates
  • Spanish. Now that I've been here for a month, I can see a vast improvement in my Spanish skills. I comprehend So Much more then I could have hoped for, thanks for praying! I still need a lot of work (and prayer) because my speaking skills are coming slowly and the sooner I can communicate the easier my time will be with the kids! Thanks for praying, and please don't stop!!!
  • Next week, Elena is heading home for a month for a (well-deserved) break and visit and with family and friends. Please pray that things will go smoothly during her absence! (and that she has a safe and wonderful trip!)
  • Praise God that I'm no longer ill! I've been able to shake the various diseases, bugs and viruses that have been hanging on, thanks God! It's so nice to feel good!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. aw, looks like fun! :) Never a dull moment with all those precious kiddos around...I miss them!

    ReplyDelete