Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mi Cuarto (My Room)

One of the most challenging things about my time at CDA last year was the house where I lived with up to 14 kids. The house was just too small! We were sharing 3 bedrooms and 1.5 baths! So I was so excited to learn that since I left we have moved, and the new house is AWESOME! I would say it's about double the size inside and maybe 4 times the outside space. There are 4 kids bedrooms and 3 kids  bathrooms. There is also a separate volunteer room, with it's own bathroom! Unbelievable!

Pauline was here for two weeks and stayed in the volunteer room, but now that she has gone home I have it all to myself! I feel guilty having so much space. 


The view from the door
What's this? 

Some ragamuffins? Asleep on my bed?! 

My dresser


A pretty bad picture, but that's the bathroom. 
And my favorite thing about the room, are these beautiful windows that look out into the back yard and are a perfect spot to read a book!

Also some beautiful roses!



I'm so grateful to have my own little sanctuary where I can rest and recharge! 

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl Karr7:21 PM

    Nice room. Looks bigger than the one you had here. Looks like you get to "share" it with the kids a bit as well. Great photos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete